At Masterpiece Smiles, our cosmetic dentistry experts help you discover your ideal smile. Do you want your confident grin to look fuller, brighter, and healthier? Our professionals have all the skills to create the perfect smile for you, and one of those methods includes a procedure called dental bonding.
What Can Dental Bonding Fix?
Here’s a brief list of what dental bonding can fix:
- Changes the shape of your smile.
- Conceals wide gaps or signs of tooth decay.
- Disguises receding gum lines.
- Hides embarrassing chips or cracks.
- Covers discolored teeth.
- Elongates teeth.
How is Dental Bonding Done?
What is dental bonding? You may have heard about the various things it fixes, but how does it work? Here are the steps dentists take to ensure your smile gets a wonderful pick-me-up through dental bonding:
1. First, your dentist examines your teeth to figure out how to best utilize dental bonding to improve your smile.
2. After coming up with a game plan, your dentist chooses the bonding material that best suits your needs. In dental bonding, a composite resin is usually used and application can be done in one visit. Another option would include bonding porcelain veneers to your teeth, but the process would take more than one visit and is done at a higher cost.
3. Next, the dentist adds a solution to your teeth to create a rough surface for the resin to set on properly.
4. After the resin is applied, the dentist utilizes a special high-intensity light to firm the composite onto the teeth. This process is repeated in layers.
5. As the resin layers are added, your dentist sculpts and polishes the tooth to match your other teeth.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
While dental bonding can fix a great many things about the appearance of your teeth, it’s also cost-effective. How much does dental bonding cost? Dental bonding expenses can range from a few hundred dollars closer to the six hundred dollar range. Thankfully, most insurance companies will help you cover dental bonding costs. The dental bonding procedure improves your smile and is surprisingly affordable. And the fresh smile you receive as a result is a great confidence booster!
Caring for Bonded Teeth
Dental bonds aren’t as strong as your normal teeth. They can last up to 10 years but only if you treat them with care. Refrain from biting your nails or other harmful tooth-damaging habits. Within two days of the bonding procedure, drinking coffee or other smile-staining drinks or foods should be avoided.
Are you looking to refresh your smile? Visit a dental office in St. Louis that knows how to keep your grin beaming! Contact us at Masterpiece Smiles today to rediscover your brightest smile!